Top 5 Travel Accessories for 2020
- Chester Carry-on 4-wheel spinner – How can you go on a trip without a suitcase? I am a big fan of the Chester brand of suitcases. These are rumored to be manufactured by the same people who make the pricey Away suitcases but run about $50 less. The suitcase is solid, rolls easily on four or two wheels, has two separate internal zippered compartments and is very stylish. I will admit though the capacity is less than my older canvas roller suitcase. Amazon $195.
2. Hanging Toilet Case – My favorite travel hack is keeping a fully stocked travel case at all times. I used to hate having to start from scratch on every trip refilling all my little 3 oz. containers with every product. Now I just keep the case packed at all times and just top-off the empty containers. It’s also great when you’re going on a short trip to be able to keep everything in the case and just hang it on a hook, keeping everything contained. Amazon $13.99.
3. Nanopress Portable Espresso Maker – What’s worse – Drinking tasteless drip coffee from a questionable coffee pot in your hotel room or having to go out early in the morning and search for a coffee shop in a new neighborhood? This portable coffee maker is very compact, doesn’t require electricity and allows you to add your personal favorite roast to get the cup of coffee you are used to at home. Just add boiling water. Amazon $49.
4. Bose Soundlink Micro – What is especially important for the solo traveler is having some entertainment in your back pocket. Bose makes some of the best sounding equipment in the industry, although you can find other brands that are more budget friendly if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of quality. Amazon $99
5. Travel Candles – Ever stay in a hotel room that smells a little funky? It’s happened to all of us at some point. Or maybe your hotel room smells just fine, but you’ve walked 20,000 steps and visited every last museum and just want to relax in the room with a bottle of wine and a candle. Keep one of these permanently tucked into a pocket in your suitcase so you will always be prepared. Amazon $10.